Frequently asked questions
Your climbing level
We can take care of you. We'll introduce the gear, basic concepts and safety measures of rock climbing, which will enable you to try your first routes on top rope (a fixed rope on the top, so you can't really fall). From here you've got two options: enjoy and climb as many routes as possible, build your confidence and get used to vertical movement. Or, you can continue learning how to belay, lead climb and refine your skills to the point where you will lead climb the routes at the end of your trip.
You've still got lots to learn and we're happy to share some of our knowledge. Be it perfecting your basic climbing skills and technique, optimizing your trainings, dealing with fear or other mind games or if you wish to learn how to belay dynamically, some other advanced rope maneuvers and usefull tricks like cleaning the route or getting over nasty parts. We can find you a perfect project for your holiday and together we'll get it done..
You've got the most options to enjoy here. After we assess your knowledge and level, we can leave you to your climbing routines, be it onsighting or projecting and give you just as much help and assistance as you like. Maybe you just like to be pointed to the best routes and given a safe belay. But you can also advance with us in any area of your climbing with some personal coaching.
Well, it's our main style, so you're in good hands. A transition to a new style of climbing, or even a new crag can be long and tiring, but we will fact-track this process for you, by chosing routes that fit you and gradually introduce you to limestone. But if you want to mainly enjoy a couple of grades below your usual level, it's fine too - after all, you're on holiday!
We can share some stories and tips over a beer in the evening then. We love to learn new things and hear about new places. But you too can benefit from our crag and route selection that will surely suit you. Maybe you can tackle some nasty projects with us and might find some beta for the routes useful. The better you are, the more you can focus solely on climbing.
We can try to change that. But if your partner has some unusual allergy to limestone, we can try to work around that too. As you will always be accompanied by two guides, on many days your partner can decide to discover the non-climbing sides of the region with one of the guides. So you can both get what you want and can compare notes in the evening.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are necessary to protect us from circumstances beyond our control and from unreasonable people. Our business model, however, is based on customer satisfaction and any customer not being completely satisfied hurts us significantly. We encourage everyone who has used our services to comment them on any of our channels. We strive not only to carry through the holidays you booked, but to surpass your expectations in every way.
1. The terms and conditions are in effect with your payment of the invoice and our confirmation of the specific holidays. Terms and conditions may be occasionally amended or added to. The latest version will appear on the website. Each participant is responsible for reading them online when booking the holidays. If one person books holidays for multiple members of the group he should acquaint the others with these terms.
3. The holidays are reserved when you complete the online form and make at least 30% of the down payment in the specified term. The holidays are fully booked when the full payment is made in specified term and the other data is collected from you. The holidays are confirmed when you get the confirmation e-mail of your payment/booking that includes the invoice. Any other e-mail correspondence prior to that does not constitute confirmation. After getting confirmation invoice, you are responsible to check all the stated information is correct and notify us of any errors as soon as possible. We will send any information regarding the holidays to the e-mail you will specify in your booking form. You are responsible to check the specified e-mail regularly.
4. After completing the booking form, you will get a price quote for your holidays. To have the holidays reserved, you need to pay 30% of the specified amount for each participant. To have the holidays fully booked, the full amount of the cost must be paid at least 2 weeks before the start of holidays. If you cancel your booking less than 2 weeks before the start of holidays (or the full amount is not paid by that time, in which case we will assume you wish to cancel), we are entitled to keep the 30% deposit.
5. You can cancel your booking and get the full refund, including the 30% deposit, if you do it at least 6 weeks before the start of the holidays. If you cancel at least 4 weeks before the start of the holidays, we keep 1/3 of the deposit (10% of the price) and if you cancel at least 2 weeks before the start, we keep 2/3 of the the deposit (20% of the price). After that, in case of cancellation, we keep the deposit.
6. We reserve the right to make changes to any price or information stated on the website. If that affects the holidays you already booked, we will inform you about it and you will have the option to cancel the holidays and get full refund. One such possibility is because not enough people have applied for specific holiday.
7. Upon booking, you will be provided with a special questionnaire, where you can specify special dietary requests, medical situations and other requests. You are obliged to inform us of any other requests or situations. We will do our best to consider any such reasonable requests, but we cannot guarantee they will be met.
8. You may change the participant on the holiday, to take your place or any other place that you booked, provided you notify us at least 1 week before the holidays begin and you send us the required information.
9. We guarantee UIAA certified and maintained equipment and qualified instructors with highest licenses for sport climbing. However, climbing and activities in nature can be dangerous and may result in minor or major injuries and even death. You agree to release us from any responsibility for the consequences which result from your omission or disobeying of our instructions or doing anything on your own.
10. All our holidays arrangements are provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility for and consequences which are result of our failure to use the said skill and care by ourselves or our employees. If you're making claim against us, it’s your responsibility to demonstrate the lack of reasonable skill and care. We cannot be responsible for actions of any third parties you contract during your holidays.
11. We are not responsible for and damages and expenses that result from unforeseeable or unavoidable consequences or as a consequence of force majeure (ie. war, riot, natural disaster).
12. All itineraries specified on the webpage are samples and all places, accommodation, dinner options, crags and sights are subject to our decisions, based on your input, weather and other circumstances.
13. It is your responsibility to get the proper travel and medical insurance. Where we are found liable for loss and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions, the maximum amount we will have to pay is 300€ per person affected.
14. All flight arrangements are your responsibility. We may only provide help with finding flights but we are not responsible for any services in this regard. We may add surcharge for any additional costs that may be result of flight delays. You need to provide us with correct information for pick up and drop off at the airport. We are not responsible for checking your flight schedules or changes to it.
15. Climbing and other activities in nature can be hazardous and participation carries a risk of death and personal injury. You must be fully aware of all risks and have the necessary skills, fitness, equipment or experience to participate in the activity. We can only accept responsibility for our gear and instructions and guiding.
16. You are responsible for any damages or loss caused by you during the holidays. Full payment for such damages must be made direct to the affected party (within a reasonable estimate and subject to surcharge or return of difference to the actual cost). If in our or any other person in authority’s reasonable opinion you behave in a way that is likely to cause danger, upsets or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled to terminate the holiday and we will have no further responsibility towards you including return travel arrangements. You will get no refund for the holidays.
17. You are responsible to have up to date passport or in some cases proper visa. It is your responsibility to check all such information at the Embassy or Consulates. We are not responsible for any costs and cancelations that may arise from improper passport of visa situation. All your travel and health documents are your responsibility too.
18. The information contained on our website and in other advertising materials is believed correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publishing. However, errors may occur and information may change. You must check all details of your chosen holidays, including the price with us at the time of booking.